Monday, August 16, 2010

To BlackBerry or not to BlackBerry? That is the question.


I have been thinking about getting myself a BlackBerry Bold2 for about 3 months now but haven't really come down with a set of wonderfully fantastic reasons why I should spend so much money on a phone when I already have one. The BlackBerry has wonderful features and all and most Smartphones have a decent subset of those features. The thing is the money side. . . The only options I have at the moment are taking out a contract subscription with the mobile providers and where I live the prepaid option is much more economic. Further, this is something I have always felt is a huge rip-off especially if they place cap restrictions on some services. So, the one thing about this deal that tugs at the hem of my pants is that it gives me unlimited data and internet! But it charges extra for the calls and texts I send. The cheapest contract option runs for 24 months and the monthly charge is approx US$72 and I am stuck with wondering whether it actually makes sense to pay $72 for 24 months (total of $1728) just to get free mobile internet while my calls and texts are extra versus being prepaid like I am now. Perhaps If I was in a place where the mobile rates competitiveness was meaningful, I bet I could find a better deal than this. Anyway, another thing I keep envying about these Smartphones is the tonnes of apps available out there for download. I mean everyone is developing apps these days, I read sometime last year of a 9 year old who developed an iPhone app for his little 4 year old sister to use on their iPhone and I was like 'What the heck!' So I set out on a quest to get myself a Smartphone so I can develop my own apps for personal use and perhaps even for sale to the Smartphone community at large. I don't have a Smartphone, yet and I think once I decide to get this Bold2 that will be the beginning for me. I already have resources on how to develop apps for iPhone, I just need to get the same for my 'soon to be' new BlackBerry Bold2. Perhaps you too may be looking to develop your own iPhone apps, here are some developer tools on how:

==> To make iPhone apps How To Create iPhone Apps With No Programming Experience and
==>  How to Make An iPhone App.

The resources are very helpful and I am sure you will be cruisin on your very own apps soon that you can even end up selling!! Do share and I most definitely will. Have loads of fun!

Cheers for now
Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment